- 1 cup of butter, browned (2 sticks)
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 + 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
For the strawberry frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter
- 1/4 cup of Belfonte Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 of strawberry purée
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 6-7 cups of powdered sugar
How to: (cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook your butter until it turns into a light amber color with brown bits on the bottom. Let cool. (This part is optional but well worth it as it adds so much flavor.)
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, & salt until well combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together your sugars and butter until well combined. Add your eggs and vanilla and mix again. Slowly incorporate your dry ingredients until they are mostly mixed in.
- Add your chocolate chips and mix until fully combined.
- Roll your cookies into 1 inch balls and place them on your baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes and top with Valentine’s Day sprinkles. Let cool.
How to: (frosting)
- In a large bowl beat your butter until it lightens in color. Add your salt and Belfonte Heavy Whipping Cream and beat again. Add your vanilla and strawberry purée and mix again. Add your powdered sugar one cup at a time until it reaches the desired consistency. (If it’s too stiff add more heavy whipping cream and if it’s too thin add more powdered sugar.)
In a piping bag with the desired tip, add your strawberry frosting. Squeeze onto your cookies in a circular motion and top .